Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Red tweed beret

You sure do see a lot of berets in Paris, although I've noticed that people here don't wear knit hats much. If they do, their hats are mostly slouchy, and they are saved for the coldest of days.

Red Tweed Beret

I have been guilty of enjoying my red beret for the last two months without posting about it. We even had the sun peek out of the clouds for a few minutes back in November, long enough to take a few photographs.

I used the Tweed Beret pattern by Kirsten Tendyke from the Winter 2006 issue of Interweave Knits, and a little over one ball of Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran. I haven't yet blocked it, so I'm not sure if it will grow or shrink, but for now, it's perfect.

Red tweed beret

It sits nicely on the top of my head, doesn't slide down over my eyes, and the knitted fabric stays pouffy and beret-like.

Red tweed beret in the city

I'm unintentionally wearing three hand knit items in this photo - my beret, a knit scarf (to be blogged), and my hoodie-less Central Park Hoodie (knit before I started this blog).

I'll leave you with one last photo, where I follow a fellow red beret wearer up the stairs. In case you are wondering, hers was not hand knit.

Chasing another red beret

Thanks to my husband for taking the photographs!

3 comments:

  1. I love that photo with Dylan and ... is that Serge Gainsbourg? Great hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work it..own it...keep it...takeittothebank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea here is to produce beaded jewelry that take on that artful quality of tweed, by using a mixture of natural materials, muted colors and piquant combinations of beads.boucle fabrics

    ReplyDelete